I am working to make computers see, hear and think.
Recommender systems, deep learning, multi-view learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision
- Feb 2016–Present
Lead Data Scientist, FROGRAMS Inc.
Implemented recommendation engine for WATCHA! for books.
Improved profitability of WATCHAPLAY by optimizing recommendations.
Distributed and optimized data processing pipeline.
Developed recommendation algorithms for home/search/category page of WATCHAPLAY.
Coordinating a research team of 3–5 people.
Mar 2014–Feb 2016
Data Scientist, FROGRAMS Inc.
Improved recommendation accuracy and optimized the sign-up procedures of WATCHA!.
Developed content recommendation algorithm for home feed of mobile version of WATCHA!.
Modeled relationships between user preferences on contents and other
attributes for use in targeted advertisement.
Contributed porting python-based recommender system to Scala.
- Feb 2008–Feb 2014
Ph. D. student of
Machine Learning Group @ POSTECH.
Presented 7 peer-reviewed papers about machine learning.
Participated in 2 national, > 2 coorperate research projects.
- Mar 2004–Feb 2008
Computer Science, POSTECH, B.S.
- Mar 2002–Feb 2004
Gyeonggi Science High School
- Yoonseop Kang, Taewoong Jang, Seungjin Choi,
Learning features with
Structure-adapting multi-view exponential family harmoniums,
IJCNN, July 6–11, 2014.
- Yoonseop Kang, Saehoon Kim, Seungjin Choi,
Deep Learning to Hash with Multiple Representations,
ICDM, Dec 10–13, 2012.
- Saehoon Kim, Yoonseop Kang, Seungjin Choi,
Sequential Spectral Learning to Hash with Multiple Representations,
ECCV, Oct 7–13, 2012.
- Yoonseop Kang, Seungjin Choi,
Restricted Deep Belief Networks for Multi-View Learning,
ECML-PKDD, Sep 5–9, 2011.
- Heeyoul Choi, Seungjin Choi, Anup Katake, Yoonseop Kang and Yoonsuck Choe,
PRICAI, Aug 20–September 2, 2010.
- Yoonseop Kang and Seungjin Choi,
Common neighborhood sub-graph density as a similarity measure for community detection,
ICONIP, Dec 1–5, 2009.
- Heeyoul Choi, Anup Katake, Seungjin Choi, Yoonseop Kang, and Yoonsuck Choe,
Probabilistic combination of multiple evidence,
ICONIP, Dec 1–5, 2009.
Recommendation system for WATCHAPLAY—a subscription VOD service
Recommendation system for WATCHA!—a Movie/TV show recommendation service
- Jul 2009–Feb 2014 Development of models for feature extraction
from multi-sensory data
Supported by Ministry of Education and Science Technology
- Sep 2008–Dec 2009 Project Collaboration: CMEST—Vision interfaces for mobile devices
Supported by Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy
- Sep 2008–Dec 2008 Teaching assistant: Automata and Formal Languages.
- Mar 2008–Jun 2008 Teaching assistant: Introduction to Computer Science.
- Sep 2007–Dec 2007 Senior Project: Automatic Transcription of Music (advisor: Seungjin Choi).
- Scala, Python, Matlab, C, C++, CUDA
- Twitter Finagle, Apache Spark, Apache thrift
- Numpy/scipy, scikit-learn, jupyter notebook
- Django, Flask, gunicorn
- AWS: EC2, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache, RDS
- Collaboration: Github, Trello, JIRA, Slack
- Editor: Vim, IntelliJ